Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Wild Bears

I was definitely surprised by the number of bears we saw on our trip!  I also wasn't expecting to see so many cubs, but most of the bears we spotted were moms with their babies.  I will be the first to admit that these pictures aren't the greatest, and I wish I had gotten better pictures.  However, I definitely chose safety over getting the perfect shot.  These bears were all spotted in Cade's Cove from our car.  The bears were either really close such that we stayed in the car or very near the car to be safe, or they were so far away that it was a miracle we even saw them.  The bears that were close also drew a crowd of cars and people which meant that the bears typically moved fairly quickly through the area which didn't give many chances for any good shots.  Anyways, despite all of that, I am thrilled with this first picture I got!  I mean, how cute is that cub??!!?!










Here are a couple examples of how far away some of the bears were.



And just for fun, here is a picture I took with my phone of a bear spotted on the road outside of the cabin we were staying in.

No comments:

Post a Comment