Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Elk in Cherokee Day 2

Due to being slightly disappointed in our lack of ability to find a herd of Elk, we decided to go back the next day.  So once again, we got up early (but again, not quite as early as we'd hoped), and drove an hour to Cherokee, NC.  This time we saw Elk, and I was able to get pictures with my camera instead of a cell phone.  We had a late breakfast at a delicious pancake place before we headed back.  However, on our way back through, a small herd of Elk was in the road, so we stopped for more pictures before we actually left.  I was so glad we tried again!  Although I will admit that I am still just slightly disappointed that we didn't see any adult males.  But I was so taken by these big, graceful creatures, one of which was so close-by that I could have walked up a pet it.  But, I always kept a safe distance from all wildlife, oftentimes using the car as a divider between me and whatever I was photographing.  As you can see, I had trouble narrowing down the pictures.  I just wanted to keep them all as I love the subtlety of movement that reflects personality.


































No comments:

Post a Comment