Thursday, March 21, 2024

Kangaroos!

I absolutely adore these kangaroos!  I mean, I love the ones at the Fort Wayne zoo too, but the way these always look so sad just is too cute.  I had an amazing time in with these kangaroos.  For a long time, it was just me and a zoo worker.  I was carefully and quietly moving around them to take pictures of them as many were in the path way.  Before I was finally ready to head out of their enclosure to keep working my way through the zoo, I stopped to chat with the zoo worker in with them.  At some point in our conversation, she mentioned that I could pet them as long as I always stayed on the path and only pet their backs, away from their faces.  I was blown away.  I immediately went up to the closest one on the path so I could pet it.  The lady offered to take my picture with the one I was petting.  It was such an awesome experience and I am so grateful to have pictures to remember it by!














No comments:

Post a Comment